- Demonstrate Karate knowledge & skill.
- Plan a training session.
- Conduct a training session.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of their own teaching & the progress of their students.
- Ensure the health and safety of students by providing, as is reasonable, a safe practising environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of emergency procedures & be able to administer appropriate first aid.
- Understand & explain their association & governing body structure & that of the associated bodies.
- Abide by & work within the rules, ethics & regulations specific to the dojo & competition.
- Understand the responsibilities of teaching children and the basic principles of growth and development.
- Have knowledge of specialised Karate equipment and demonstrate its use.
- Offer sound advice on fitness training and understand motivational techniques.
- Contribute to the promotion and publicity of Karate.
- Instigate an effective administration and record-keeping system.
- Fulfil legal requirements.
- Knowledge of child protection requirements.
(WKGB referee and judges qualifications expire after 1 year.)